A compliance technician performs compliance inspections and testing of petroleum storage tank and dispensing systems.
- Perform monthly and annual inspections of storage tank systems and dispensing equipment.
- Perform testing of underground tank system corrosion protection, tank monitor functionality, line leak functionality, and line
- Perform hydrostatic testing of spill prevention equipment (spill buckets) and containment sumps (tank and dispenser sumps).
- Perform accurate calibration of fuel dispensing meters to ensure that the meters will pass inspection by local Weights and Measures
- Perform general maintenance service calls such as changing filters, pumping water from tanks and sumps, changing hoses/nozzles,
- Must work safely in accordance with OSHA Standards and the American Petroleum Institute Standard 1646 for Safe Work Practices for Contractors working at Retail Petroleum/Convenience
- Accept all other duties assigned by
- Must possess a valid driver’s
- Must effectively communicate with supervisor, co-workers, customers, and public.
- Must utilize basic computer skills to complete and submit work order, warranty, and commissioning
- Must maintain industry and manufacturer certifications for services
- Must read, analyze, and interpret common industry regulatory standards and manufacture’s
- Must apply customer satisfaction and field service
- Must apply troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Must integrate basic mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
- Drive daily (may be for extensive periods).
- Stand on concrete or pavement on a regular basis (may be for extensive periods).
- Lift, push, pull, and carry objects on a regular basis (up to and usually over 50 ).
- Crouch, kneel, twist, bend, reach, walk on a regular basis.
- Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions on a regular
- Enter confined spaces
- Work from heights/ladders
- Work overhead
- Work in a retail environment on a regular basis (with heavy traffic flow).
- Work in a commercial construction environment
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply for any of our positions please send your resume, cover letter and a completed employment application (PDF) to:
Attn: Jennifer Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Email to: email@example.com