Compliance technicians perform inspections and testing of fuel storage tank and dispensing systems at retail gas stations and commercial fueling facilities. System equipment includes underground tanks, aboveground tanks, point of sale systems, card systems, dispensers, tank monitors, submersible pumps, piping, and other petroleum equipment.
- Monday through Friday (40-45 hours per week).
- Standard start time 8:00 but will vary at times. End time is at job completion.
- Technicians are dispatched from their home.
- Overnight stays will be required most of the times.
- Work safely in accordance with standards.
- Perform monthly and annual inspections of tank and dispensing systems.
- Perform testing of corrosion protection systems, tank monitor functionality, line leak functionality, and line tightness.
- Perform hydrostatic testing of containment (tank and dispenser sumps) and spill prevention equipment (spill buckets).
- Perform accurate calibration of fuel dispensing meters to ensure that the meters will pass inspection by local Weights and Measures officials.
- Perform general maintenance service calls such as changing filters, pumping water from tanks and sumps, changing hoses/nozzles, etc.
- Complete and submit work orders, warranty forms, commissioning forms, and other required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Obtain and maintain industry and manufacturer certifications. All training is provided.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess effective communication skills with supervisor, co-workers, customers, and public.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate basic mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to utilize basic computer skills to complete and submit work order, warranty, and commissioning documentation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry regulatory standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Drive daily [may be for extensive periods]
- Stand on concrete or pavement on a regular basis [may be for extensive periods].
- Lift, push, pull, and carry objects on a regular basis [up to and over 50 lbs].
- Crouch, kneel, twist, bend, reach, and walk on a regular basis.
- Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Enter confined spaces and work from heights/ladders occasionally.
- Work in a retail environment on a regular basis [with heavy traffic flow at times].
- Work in a commercial construction environment occasionally.
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply for any of our positions please send your resume, cover letter and a completed employment application (PDF) to:
Attn: Jennifer Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Email to: email@example.com