Service technicians perform startup, on-site repair, and maintenance of fuel storage tank and dispensing systems at retail gas stations and commercial fueling facilities. System equipment includes underground tanks, aboveground tanks, point of sale systems, card systems, dispensers, tank monitors, submersible pumps, piping and other petroleum equipment.
- Monday through Friday (45-50 hours per week).
- Standard start time 8:00 but will vary at times. End time is at job completion.
- Technicians are dispatched from their home.
- Requires the availability to rotate on-call for after hour emergency services.
- Overnight stays are required at times.
- Work safely in accordance with standards.
- Perform installation, programming, and startup of equipment.
- Perform on-site trouble shooting and service repair.
- Perform quality control tests on newly installed and repaired equipment.
- Perform general maintenance service calls such as change filters, calibrate meters, pump water from tanks and sumps, change hoses/nozzles, etc.
- Complete and submit work orders, warranty forms, commissioning forms, and other required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Obtain and maintain industry and manufacturer certifications. All training is provided.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess effective communication skills with supervisor, co-workers, customers, and public.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to maintain, diagnose, and repair basic computer-controlled systems used in the industry.
- Apply PC system installation, peripheral communication, configuration, and diagnosis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry regulatory standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Drive daily [may be for extensive periods]
- Stand on concrete or pavement on a regular basis [may be for extensive periods].
- Lift, push, pull, and carry objects on a regular basis [up to and over 50 lbs].
- Crouch, kneel, twist, bend, reach, and walk on a regular basis.
- Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Enter confined spaces and work from heights/ladders occasionally.
- Work in a retail environment on a regular basis [with heavy traffic flow at times].
- Work in a commercial construction environment occasionally.
Watch what a service technician does:
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply for any of our positions please send your resume, cover letter and a completed employment application (PDF) to:
Attn: Jennifer Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Email to: email@example.com