Construction laborers perform the installation of fuel storage tank and dispensing systems at retail gas stations and commercial fueling facilities along with general construction activities such as piping, excavating, and concrete.
- Monday through Friday (40-50 hours per week).
- Start times vary but are typically 7:00 or earlier. End time is at job completion.
- Report to Hillsboro office and dispatch from there.
- Overnight stays are required most of the time.
- Work safely in accordance with standards.
- Hands-on labor to install fuel tanks, piping, submersible pumps, fuel dispensers, and other equipment.
- Operate equipment such as skid steer, mini excavator, forklift, etc.
- Obtain and maintain industry and manufacturer certifications. All training is provided.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess effective communication skills with supervisor, co-workers, customers, and public.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate basic mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry regulatory standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Drive daily [may be for extensive periods]
- Stand on concrete or pavement on a regular basis [may be for extensive periods].
- Lift, push, pull, and carry objects on a regular basis [up to and over 50 lbs].
- Crouch, kneel, twist, bend, reach, and walk on a regular basis.
- Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Enter confined spaces and work from heights/ladders occasionally.
- Work in a retail environment on a regular basis [with heavy traffic flow at times].
- Work in a commercial construction environment occasionally.
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply for any of our positions please send your resume, cover letter and a completed employment application (PDF) to:
Attn: Jennifer Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org